High School Resources
Improving the quality of high school education is an urgent challenge that can only be solved by working together… Getting every child to graduate high school with a meaningful diploma in their hands is one of the biggest challenges our country faces.
- Today only 68 out of 100 entering ninth grade will graduate from high school on schedule.
- Fewer than 20 will graduate on time from college. Meanwhile, 80% of the fastest-growing jobs will require some postsecondary education.
Calhoun ISD and local district teams are addressing the following goals:
- To evaluate current practices against their effectiveness in creating conditions for student success within schools.
- To examine what a successful student needs to know in order to master MMC (Michigan Merit Curriculum).
- To question the role of formative and summative assessment, grading, homework, etc.
- To examine the characteristics of a classroom that implements these practices.
- To understand the latest information relating to high school redesign.
- To support teams in their work during PD sessions and in their own districts.
The Calhoun ISD has compiled and provided information in the following areas: