What is a Parent Coalition?
All children deserve a Great Start -- and YOU can help! Parents are their child's first and most important teacher and provide a valuable perspective about early childhood needs. A Parent Coalition offers parents a chance to have a voice in a "grassroots" effort to advocate for their children and on behalf of all children.
As a member of the Parent Coalition, your work may include:
• Building public support for early childhood
• Receiving advocacy and leadership training to serve on local community boards and committees to promote services for children 0-5
• Having fun and making a difference
• Educating policy-makers on the importance of investing in the first five years of life
• Meeting new people and develop lasting friendships
• Helping support the purpose of the Great Start Collaborative
• Sharing information and participating in decision-making processes related to early childhood services.
The Parent Coalition is open to all parents/caregivers in Calhoun County ages birth to 12 who are committed to ensuring a great start for every child.
For more information on the Great Start Collaborative Parent Coalition,
call Zoe Brainard (269) 660-1606 ext. 6144