Welcome to the Calhoun ISD
The Calhoun Intermediate School District provides educational services and support to 13 constituent districts and four public school academies. The Calhoun Intermediate School District was established in 1962 by Michigan legislative action. There are approximately 400 employees at the Gifford/Schultz Educational Service Center and off-site locations including the Doris Klaussen Developmental Center and Calhoun Area Career Center in Battle Creek, educational programs at Starr Commonwealth in Albion and the Calhoun County Juvenile Home in Marshall.
The mission of the Calhoun Intermediate School District is to develop, coordinate and provide researched-based educational services for its constituencies in an innovative and responsive manner to prepare those we serve to succeed in a global society.
As the Calhoun ISD considers its future direction, we will strive to provide our constituencies with the intellectual tools necessary to become lifelong learners. As our vision is put into action, we will see the following evidence:
- CISD is acknowledged statewide as a premier educational service agency based on the quality of its programs and services
- CISD supports programs and services that are data driven, research-based and focused on the needs of those we serve
- CISD delivers programs and services that maximize coordination and collaboration with local, regional and state agencies and organizations
- CISD employs staff who are forward thinking, data and research driven, and effective communicators
- CISD honors the contributions of all people from diverse perspectives
- CISD provides various levels of opportunity for leadership among all staff
- CISD staff is characterized by the highest level of integrity
- CISD staff collaborates across departments to improve the achievement of all learners
- CISD utilizes technology enhanced learning environments to assist in the development of critical skills for a talented 21st century workforce
- Doing the right thing even when it's difficult and when no one is looking
- Accepting responsibilities for our actions and results
- Motivated to foster excellence and the courage to make the difference
- Dedicated to the exploration and/or application of new concepts, technologies, and ideas to anticipate for the future
- Functioning as a team and empowering others to do the right work through shared decision making
- Leading with integrity, striving for excellence, anticipating for the future, working collaboratively, and being committed to accountability
Promote an efficient and effective environment, which fosters access to learning and shows positive change for children, students, and adult learners
Promote an efficient and effective environment, which supports meaningful partnerships to show positive change for children, students, and adult learners
Promote efficient and effective planning, implementation, and assessment throughout the organization.
It is the policy of the Calhoun Intermediate School District (CISD) to provide an equal opportunity for all individuals and not to discriminate on the basis of religion, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, height, weight, marital status or age in its programs, services, activities or employment. With respect to employment, the District does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the district's nondiscrimination policies. Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, Calhoun ISD, 17111 G Drive North, Marshall, MI 49068, 269-781-5141 or fax 269-781-7071.