Legislation & Education Policy
Calhoun Intermediate School District’s office of Legislation and Education Policy (LEP) is responsible for promoting the legislative priorities and positions of its local school districts to state, local and federal legislators. The Legislation and Education Policy team strives to empower educational leaders to contribute meaningfully to education policy by providing timely updates, action alerts, analysis, talking points, and other relevant information.
The Calhoun ISD is also the Administrative and Fiscal Agent for the Region 8 Adult Education Consortium (Section 107). The office of Legislation and Education Policy manages implementation of this seven county consortium on behalf of sixteen local district adult education providers across the region. This office also provides assistance with communications and marketing support upon request.
To that end, this online presence serves as an access point for CISD’s constituent districts, partnering agencies, and clients. By posting essential information on this site, stakeholders can have instant access to resources when they need them and stay informed of key developments that are important to them.
LEP staff members provide the following support to local districts:
- Assist educators, professional associations, and community representatives with creating and advancing legislation that supports public school programs and services
- Establish legislative contacts and serve as the federal and state legislative liaison on behalf of local districts and clients
- Provide direct counsel to superintendents and administrators on legislative issues
- Serve as a resource on educational funding and legislative issues
- Assist local districts with school-community relations, marketing, and media relations
- Coordinate media relations for CISD and establish methods to improve countywide coverage of school issues, activities, and programs
- Adult Education grant management, including technical assistance, grant narrative development, needs assessment, strategic planning and budgeting.