While a great deal of time is spent focusing on state policy, the LEP team follows meaningful developments in education policy at the national level, as well. Through its relationships with partner organizations, CISD works with national counterparts to monitor federal legislation and policy developments.
- Library of Congress – The Library of Congress serves as the research arm of Congress.
- THOMAS – Search for pieces of legislation by key word, bill number, or cosponsor for Congressional sessions dating back to 1989.
- Supreme Court – Official webpage of the U.S. Supreme Court.
- The White House – Official webpage of the White House.
- U.S. Department of Education – The official website of the U.S. Department of Education.
- For information about the most recent reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESSA), here is a direct link to the No Child Left Behind webpage.
- U.S. House of Representatives – Track legislation.
- U.S. Senate – Track legislation.
- American Association of School Administrators (AASA)
- National Rural Education Advocacy Coalition – The NREAC is comprised of state and national organizations concerned about educational opportunities for children who live in the rural areas of the United States.
- National School Boards Association (NSBA)